Selling Your Income Property
When you select me to market your property, you've hired a specialist committed to professionalism, integrity and service. I will coordinate your property preparation, market your property, navigate the legal regulations and negotiate your transaction.
Determining the List Price:
Initially, I will prepare a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) for your property, which will give you a good
idea of its worth. Once you are sure you want to sell, we will do the following things with you:
- Preview similar properties on the market that will be competing with your property.
- Decide on any repairs or improvements that will enhance the value or salability of your property.
- Estimate your closing costs.
- Establish a final list price just prior to putting your home on the market.
Good tenants paying market value rents are an asset when selling your investment property to another investor. A strategy must be developed to keep these tenants during the selling period. Here are some key issues we can consult on:
- Should the tenants be informed that the property is for sale?
- Should we do any inspections prior to finding a buyer?
- What are the options regarding showing the property to prospective buyers?
- What about leases that have not expired?
1031 Exchange Regulations:
The IRS has very specific procedures must be adhered to if you are going to use this property in a 1031 tax deferred exchange. We are prepared to work with you to ensure these procedures are followed.
- Will there be more than one property sold in a single exchange?
- Will there be more than one property purchased in a single exchange?
- Funds must be handled through a qualified intermediary.
- There are strict time limits for property identification and close of escrows.
Marketing Your Property:
My objective in marketing your property is to ensure that as many prospective buyers as possible are aware that your property is for sale. I will be using as many of the avenues below as feasible to accomplish this objective.
- The Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Numerous web sites including Realtor.com, MLSlistings.com, & LoopNet
- Local newspapers
- Real estate magazines such as Homes & Land
- Targeting mailings
- For Sale sign (if tenants are aware of sale)
- Open House (if vacant or tenants cooperate)
- On-line disclosure reports
In today's environment the vast majority buyers first narrow down their property search using the internet. A strong professional internet presentation is critical to attracting buyers to look at your property. I will be using numerous pictures, virtual tours and detailed information to present your property in its best light on the internet
Thank you for considering me and Campi Properties to represent you in the sale of your income property!