|When you hire me to sell your home, you've hired a team of experts to coordinate your home preparation, market your home, navigate the legal regulations and negotiate your transaction. Here is my strategy for selling your home:
Determining the List Price
Initially, I will prepare a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) for your home, which will give you a good idea of its worth. You can request one right from my web site (click here for a CMA). Once you are sure you want to sell, I will do the following things with you:
- Preview the homes on the market that will be competing with your home.
- Decide on any repairs or home improvements that will add value to your home
- Estimate your closing costs
- Establish a final list price just prior to putting your home on the market
Click here for more on pricing your home.
Preparing for the Market
You are after both a good price for your home as well as a clean solid offer that will not fall apart after you've accepted it. This requires preparation and planning. Here are some of the many tasks that I will be working on with you:
- Schedule termite, property, geological and other inspections, so reports will be available for prospective buyers.
- Complete all legal disclosure documents and prepare packets for prospective buyers.
- Make repairs that we decided were necessary
- Enhance the exterior of your home for best curb appeal (landscaping, fencing, painting, etc.)
- Enhance the interior of your home for a good first impression (painting, carpets, cleaning, decorating, etc). See my section on Selling Tips for the many things you can do.
- Design advertisements, flyers & brochures
Click Here for tips on preparing your home for the market
I will be managing these projects, including finding qualified contractors, reviewing bids and scheduling & monitoring the work.
Marketing Your Home
The goal of the marketing plan is to ensure that as many prospective buyers as possible are aware that your home is for sale. The largest source of buyers is other real estate agents, therefore a major focus of the plan will be on real estate agents. Here are many of the things I will be doing to promote your home:
- Add your home to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Provide you with a lock box, yard sign and flyers or brochures
- Advertise your home extensively on the Internet through dozens of web sites as well as local newspapers.
- Have a professional photographer shoot a Virtual Tour of your home
- Hold your home open for a Brokers Tour in those communities where this is customary.
- Hold open houses on Saturday and Sundays.
- Follow-up with agents that show your property to prospective buyers to get feedback and to track the number of interested buyers.
Managing Offers and Contracts
The agent for a buyer will typically prefer to present the offer directly to me, with you, the seller, present. Once we have reached an agreement with a buyer, the sale will remain "pending" in escrow until all the terms of the agreement are completed. This typically takes 30 days. When offers are received here are some of the things I will be doing:
- Preparing disclosure packets
- Scheduling the offer presentation(s)
- Reviewing and analyzing the offer(s)with you
- Countering and/or accepting the offer
- Finalizing the contract and attending to the remaining contractual obligations.
- Meeting you at the escrow company to sign documents
- Keeping you informed on the progress of the closing
Thank you for considering me to represent you in the sale of your home!